Full Moons are powerful celestial events that represent completion, evolution, as well as coming full circle. Cycles of growth reach elevation on a Full Moon. You’re able to experience all the wisdom, teachings, and struggles you’ve overcome and integrated.
Every Full Moon has a unique symbolism that can be applied to all star signs, but there’s a certain resonance that accompanies having a Full Moon in your own sign. The crystal information presented here applies to all signs, with a focus on your own zodiac for personal growth.
You can consult each Full Moon for Sun, Moon, Rising, and Venus. Don’t think astrology only equates to Sun signs. It doesn’t. There are many dimensions wanting expression and exploration.
A guide to navigate this article:
If You are a Taurus Sun (Star sign), with a Moon in Cancer and Pisces Rising, you could look up all three Full Moons and their associated crystals – Taurus, Cancer, Pisces.
The Star sign represents your primary personality, the Moon sign symbolizes your emotions – your internal world, inner currents, impressions, feelings, and instincts – the Rising sign is how you present yourself to the world. It is symbolic of how others perceive you.
Crystals for Full Moon in Aries
When the Full Moon is in Aries, you’re energetic, determined, courageous, ambitious, and your life force is on a whole new level. You don’t have time for unmotivated or lazy people!
Crystals for Full Moon in Aries help to bring out your best qualities – zest, inspiration, self-leadership, communication, intellect, wisdom, innovation, and immense life force.
As the only sign ruled by Mars, the God and planet of vitality, energy, physical instincts, competition and, at a lower vibration, lust, war, and aggression, make sure to make the most of this lunar portal.
Crystals for Full Moon in Aries include:
- Red Garnet: Red Garnet instills passion and life force while inspiring devotion.
- Bloodstone: Bloodstone helps to ground and supercharge you while allowing you to overcome anger and impulsiveness, tuning into inner strength and courage.
- Angelite: Angelite aligns you with the higher and subtle frequencies so you can connect with a more spiritual vibration without being steered solely by physical instincts, impulse, impatience, overpowering force, etc.
Other crystals to use: Hematite, Red Jasper, Carnelian, Ruby, Unakite, Amethyst. These gemstones bring out your strengths, increase your vibration, while inspiring balance, calm, and intuitive power.
Crystals for Full Moon in Taurus
A Full Moon in Taurus inspires benevolence, kindness, caring, compassion, empathy, emotional intelligence, sensitivity, intelligence, generosity, service, responsibility, determination, devotion, and integrity.
Taurus is one of the most giving and humanitarian zodiac signs, so the Crystals for Full Moon in Taurus are perfect for bringing out your best qualities. You can either evolve to your best traits or devolve to your shadow traits.
The Crystals for Full Moon in Taurus that help bring out your Higher Self include:
- Tiger’s Eye: Tiger’s Eye helps you connect to your inner strength and authority so you don’t give into people-pleasing or overly giving tendencies (one of your shadow traits!).
- Emerald: Emerald expands the vibration of love to connect to your best qualities – empathy, kindness, compassion, generosity, etc.
- Sodalite: Sodalite is perfect for accessing higher wisdom, opening communication pathways, and enabling you to express your truth, share your wisdom, and embrace your talents.
Other crystals to use: Rose Quartz, Green Aventurine, Rhodonite, Citrine, Chalcedony. These amplify empathy and emotional intelligence while providing the perfect balance of independence versus healthy attachments/connections.
Crystals for Full Moon in Gemini
Full Moon in Gemini enhances intellect, logic, communication, imagination, and many cerebral powers. It’s one of the best Full Moons for intellectual and analytical abilities – many gifts linked to the higher mind.
You may lack emotional depth or vulnerability during this Full Moon, but you are blessed with potent currents of problem-solving, innovation, originality, ingenious insights, and independence!
Crystals for Full Moon in Gemini include:
- Red Jasper: Red Jasper increases strength and grounding, relieves stress and tension, and restores tranquility, higher perspectives, and wholeness.
- Aquamarine: Aquamarine stimulates your higher mind, imagination, intuition, powers of persuasion and conversation, and the ability to see multiple perspectives. It’s an excellent communication stone.
- Moonstone: Moonstone assists in calming and stabilizing your emotions so you’re not solely ruled by intellectual and cerebral power. It helps to balance your emotional and mental bodies for the best success.
Other crystals to use: Tiger’s Eye, Citrine, Fluorite, Lapis Lazuli, and Celestite. These gemstones provide a blend of inner harmony, soothing emotional currents, prosperity, success while helping you strive for your material and professional goals.
Crystals for Full Moon in Cancer
A Full Moon in Cancer brings out your dreamy, sensitive, empathic, and intuitive qualities. You’re incredibly instinctive, psychic, spiritually gifted, imaginative, as well as self-aware, with lots of ancestral wisdom and self-knowledge.
The Crystals for Full Moon in Cancer amplify gifts already deep within. As the only sign ruled by the Moon, you are driven by the subconscious and spiritual forces. You’re creative, artistic, insightful, wise, slightly hyper-emotional, and full of empathy.
Cancer is the sign of unconditional love, so the best Crystals for Full Moon in Cancer include:
- Smoky Quartz: Smoky Quartz helps you to make peace with your shadow self and your less desirable traits so you can bring them into the light. Through acceptance, wisdom, and honesty/accountability, you align with your light self.
- Moonstone: Moonstone is the ultimate emotional balance and soother, ideal for your watery, feminine, and emotional nature. It connects you to ancient wisdom and power, and with creative, artistic, and motherly nurturing gifts.
- Rose Quartz: Rose Quartz expands unconditional love, self-love, caring, kindness, loyalty, empathy, tolerance, understanding, and friendship.
Other crystals to use: Carnelian, Rhodonite, Aquamarine, Kyanite, Amethyst. Your moon-charged crystals should include a balance of creative inspiration, excitability, and ones that connect you to a spiritual essence.
Crystals for Full Moon in Leo
Ruled by the Sun, you are full of zest, life force, artistic vision, passion, inspiration, sociability, romance, will, courage, as well as optimism.
Full of confidence, Leos have a warm, friendly, generous, and sunny disposition. You’re positive, upbeat, benevolent, caring, supremely loyal, not to mention protective over loved ones.
You can be a drama queen or king, and you love the spotlight, so consult the Crystals for Full Moon in Leo for guidance on how to tune into your better qualities while healing (overcoming) your shadow ones.
Crystals for Full Moon in Leo include:
- Sunstone: Joy, happiness, confidence, empowerment, positivity, luck, fortune, and purpose are all increased with Sunstone.
- Amber: Amber is excellent for dispelling negative energy and connecting you to imaginative and intellectual gifts. It balances emotions with intellect for complete harmony and integration.
- Ruby: Ruby amplifies loving and calm vibrations so you don’t fall into your bullish and tyrannical side. We all know Lions love to roar! Ruby heals and soothes anger and irritability while inspiring love and grace.
Other crystals to use: Black Tourmaline, Carnelian, Pyrite, Citrine, Labradorite. Crystals for the Full Moon ritual should be a combination of passion sparking and higher wisdom and truth enhancing. Aim to ground your zest in a way that educates or inspires.
Crystals for Full Moon in Virgo
A Full Moon in Virgo increases hard work, determination, perseverance, discipline, structure, order, organization, generosity, helpfulness, service, and kindness.
As an Earth sign ruled by Mercury, the planet of communication, you are focused on the small details. You’re deeply grounded, practical, and structured, yet equally generous and instinctive, in tune with your sensuality and needs for self-care.
The Crystals for Full Moon in Virgo aim to balance your need for prosperity and security with harmonious and intimate connections. Professional and personal relationships are brought into focus!
Crystals for Full Moon in Virgo include:
- Carnelian: Carnelian inspires excitement and passion, qualities that should complement your hard-working and supremely practical nature. This gemstone is perfect for energizing artistic talents!
- Lapis Lazuli: Lapis Lazuli connects you to a high truth, wisdom, and intuitive power and insight. It opens pathways to self-mastered expression and amplifies hidden passions.
- Amazonite: Amazonite soothes stress, anxiety, and communication while opening your heart and healing tricky emotions.
Other crystals to use: Moonstone, Peridot, Opal, Sapphire, Turquoise, Sodalite. Your Full Moon ritual should include intentions for harmony, wholeness, and integration. Try to enjoy the work you do and embody more passion, excitement, and lightness.
Crystals for Full Moon in Libra
The Full Moon in Libra highlights your expressive, charismatic, colorful, charming, and intelligent personality. It amplifies communication, logic, reason, analysis, intuition, and imaginative and artistic gifts.
Libra is the only Air sign ruled by a feminine planet, Venus, the planet and Goddess of love, sexuality, romance, beauty, sensuality, wealth, and the positive pursuit of pleasure.
At a higher vibration, you are deeply nurturing and sensitive, but as you’re also a masculine Air sign, you possess intellect and assertive qualities. You’re one of the most balanced, fair, and justice-seeking zodiac signs!
Crystals for Full Moon in Libra include:
- Rhodonite: Rhodonite opens your heart and expands empathy, compassion, and love. It’s ideal for balancing feminine and masculine qualities.
- Labradorite: Labradorite can be used for all aspects of communication and self-expression.
- Sapphire: Sapphire expands luck, wisdom, truth, independence, study, learning, balance, harmony, intuition, and self-development. It’s excellent for connecting you with qualities of the Throat and Third Eye Chakras.
Other crystals to use: Citrine, Kunzite, Opal, Jade, Green Aventurine, Aquamarine. Focus on rituals that connect you with your intellectual, imaginative, artistic, and communicative nature. Balance your yin and yang energies for best effect.
Crystals for Full Moon in Scorpio
Full Moon in Scorpio brings to light your intuitive, imaginative, hard-working, intelligent, resourcefulness, and deeply intense nature. You’re emotional, spiritual, romantic, caring, gentle-hearted, sociable, charming, and self-autonomous.
Ruled by Pluto (current ruler) and Mars (ancient ruler) makes you both emotionally intelligent and passionate, spiritually attuned and resourceful, and sensitive and courageous.
You’re both soulful and deep, and connected to a primal essence. Crystals for Full Moon in Scorpio include:
- Obsidian: Obsidian transforms, enhances psychic gifts, and protects you from negative and harmful energy. It grounds truth and wisdom into earthly form.
- Malachite: Malachite enhances understanding, comfort, wisdom, protection, healing, and powers of the heart. It’s one of the most powerful stones for unifying empathy and sensitivity with strength and power.
- Turquoise: Turquoise is ideal for friendship, loyalty, and nurturing positive and harmonious relationships. It’s a stone of purification!
Other crystals to use: Smoky Quartz, Citrine, Red Jasper, Lapis Lazuli, Aquamarine. Connect to spiritual, healing, and imaginative gifts while not losing touch with your determined, practical, and ambitious nature.
Crystals for Full Moon in Sagittarius
Your best qualities are amplified by a Full Moon in Sagittarius, which include optimism, honesty, imagination, creative vision, life force, intellect, intelligence, intuition, spontaneity, and lightness of spirit.
You’re incredibly upbeat, excitable, and fun-loving, yet equally deep, philosophical, and wise. As the Archer, you reach for the stars, aiming for pleasure and freedom balanced with educational and intellectual pathways. You seek truth and higher ideals daily.
Crystals for Full Moon in Sagittarius include:
- Red Garnet: Red Garnet stabilizes, energizes, and grounds passion! It’s ideal for increasing zest and inspiration while overcoming impulsiveness.
- Carnelian: Carnelian boosts physical vitality, energy, creativity, and self-esteem. All artistic and creative projects can be energized.
- Amazonite: Amazonite soothes excitability and calms passions. It can help you to control your emotions and center yourself before you act.
Other crystals to use: Citrine, Turquoise, Amethyst, Sodalite, Labradorite. Use crystals that connect you to a higher truth, wisdom, and spiritual and philosophical ideals. Transcend the mundane through vision and Higher Self alignment.
Crystals for Full Moon in Capricorn
A Full Moon in Capricorn amplifies ambition, resourcefulness, hard work, managerial and organizational qualities, determination, devotion, discipline, and generosity.
Your planetary ruler is Saturn, the planet of authority, structure, and limitations. Restrictions can either help you mature, providing you with evolved responsibility and practical wisdom learned through experience, or suppress you. This is the dual aspect.
Crystals for Full Moon in Capricorn balance your positive and negative attributes, shining a light on your shadow so you can evolve, elevate, and self-master. Capricron is concerned with self-mastery and evolution!
Crystals for Full Moon in Capricorn include:
- Black Onyx: Black Onyx provides protection, strength, self-control, and stamina. Good fortune, luck, and intelligence are amplified.
- Tiger’s Eye: Tiger’s Eye increases energy flow from your lower chakras and primal and emotional needs to your goal, plans, and ambitions.
- Rose Quartz: Rose Quartz heals, balances, and soothes, providing emotional harmony and gentle-feminine sensations of love, kindness, etc.
Other crystals to use: Red Garnet, Tiger’s Eye, Ruby, Malachite, Sodalite. Representing both earthy sensuality, kindness, and benevolence against willpower, strength, and ambition, you should balance your headstrong nature with sensitivity.
Crystals for Full Moon in Aquarius
Full Moon in Aquarius amplifies intellect, innovation, originality, inventiveness, charisma, charm, confidence, assertiveness, independence, and quirkiness!
Ruled by Uranus, the planet of innovation, change, and revolutionary transformation, Aquarius is the practical dreamer who transforms emotional clues and impressions from the environment into intellectual and higher mental thought forms.
You are a true humanitarian, Aquarius, and this makes a Full Moon in your sign a time of bright ideas, imagination, and inspiration that can contribute to a larger society or global community.
Crystals for Full Moon in Aquarius include:
- Hematite: Hematie helps ground you while increasing intellect, ideas, and intelligent thinking. It inspires courage, optimism, and trust in yourself!
- Aquamarine: Aquamarine is perfect for enhancing communication, truth, knowledge, higher wisdom, and pathways to spiritual and subtle perception.
- Clear Quartz: Clear Quartz will amplify all your positive intentions for doing good in the world, such as service, humanitarianism, and altruistic projects.
Other crystals to use: Rhodonite, Emerald, Labradorite, Amethyst, Angelite. Your Full Moon rituals should include gemstones that align you with a higher power, the subtle and celestial realms, and spiritual, imaginative, and subconscious forces.
Crystals for Full Moon in Pisces
A Full Moon in your sign expands compassion, universal love, empathy, kindness, service, generosity, intuition, multidimensionality, spiritual insight, soul, and depth.
As the only sign ruled by Neptune, you are evolved spiritually, psychically, creatively, and artistically. You possess clairvoyant, empathic, and intuitive gifts that make you the Old Soul of the zodiac.
You can lack boundaries and be pulled into other people’s motives and currents, as your follies are supersensitivity, naivety, and gullibility. Shift your attention to your artistic and creative visions.
Crystals for Full Moon in Pisces include:
- Moonstone: Moonstone connects you to ancient, primal, and spiritual wisdom while aligning you with emotional intelligence, compassion, and nurturing qualities.
- Amethyst: Amethyst promotes psychic visions, evolved wisdom, and connection with dream states so you can make sense of your visions and universal messages from the divine!
- Fluorite: Fluorite is powerful for purification, clear sight, and gaining mental clarity to see through illusions, overcoming confusion and fantasies, and enhancing truth.
Other crystals to use: Bloodstone, Rose Quartz, Aquamarine, Turquoise, Celestite. Work on healing and cleansing your aura. Balance your mind, body, and spirit. You’re sensitive to external influences, so put up healthy boundaries!
1. What crystal can I use for all Full Moons?
Clear Quartz is the Master Healer of the crystal kingdom!
2. What rituals can I do on a Full Moon?
Meditation, crystal moon bath, sound healing with crystals, connect with your spirit guides, fast or detox, tarot reading with crystals, connect to your Higher Self, and create a gemstone water/elixir.
3. How long should I leave crystals in moonlight?
Six to twelve hours, or 24 hours for a combination of sun and moonlight (up to 12 hours in sunlight followed by up to 12 hours in moonlight).
4. What zodiac sign is Moonstone?
Cancer, the sign ruled by the Moon herself, representing subconscious and astral forces, ancient wisdom, emotions, and the inner world of feelings, psychic instincts, and subtle impressions.
5. What should not be done on the day of a Full Moon?
It is advised to eat light foods, such as fruits, vegetables, legumes, pulses, and organic foods. Drink lots of water and, for the best effect, do a 24-hour liquid fast or cleanse.