Jade is a powerful gemstone that brings you life force energy, inner harmony, the ability to give and feel unconditional love, and the ability to heal yourself and others. This stone connects to the Heart Chakra.
There are two types of Jade: Nephrite and Jadeite. Nephrite Jade has a hardness of 6, and Jadeite has a hardness of 6.5 to 7. To identify what type of Jade your crystal is, tap it with a hard object. Nephrite Jade will make a pitched chime or note, whereas Jadeite will not have a musical sound.
Jade is a stone for good luck and can bring a lot of fortune and success to your life. If you wear or use Jade and are not experiencing inner harmony, the ability to stick to your values and morals, and fail to stick to the good path in life, then your Jade needs to be cleansed.
Jade must be cleansed at least once a month to ensure it remains in a positive vibration. Let us look at the different methods for how to cleanse Jade for healing.
Cleansing Jade with Running Water
- Jade’s element is Water, making it great for cleansing.
- Both forms of Jade are safe to cleanse in running water.
- Hold your Jade stone under a water tap for 30 seconds for a quick cleanse.
- You can also use a waterfall or stream, placing your stone next to it. The sound of the water will cleanse your crystal.
- Nephrite Jade and Jadeite are both sensitive to water, so avoid submerging the stone in water, as it can damage it.
- Ensure that the water you use to cleanse your Jade is natural and chemical-free, as this stone can have adverse reactions to chlorine and many different chemicals.
Cleansing Jade with Moonlight
- You can connect your Jade crystal to the cleansing and restoring power of the moonlight to cleanse and charge it effectively.
- After you have cleansed your Jade in a stream of running water, dry it off with a natural fiber cloth.
- Place your Jade stone on a windowsill, patio, or balcony where it can absorb the moonlight overnight.
- The best time to charge your Jade stone with moonlight is during the full moon when the moon’s light is at its brightest.
- If it is not a full moon night, you can charge your Jade stone with moonlight on any night the moon is visible.
- For an extra powerful cleanse, place your Jade on a Selenite slab or have it touching a piece of Selenite while it charges in the moonlight overnight.
- You can also place a mirror next to your Jade stone to allow it to magnify and reflect the moonlight. This method works well to charge large pieces of Jade.
Cleansing Jade with Breath and Sound
- You can use your breath to cleanse Jade, and your voice to charge it with your intentions. This method cleanses your Jade with the Air element.
- Meditate with your Jade stone in your palm.
- Hold the stone up to your mouth during meditation and blow air onto it.
- As you breathe into the crystal, imagine negative energy leaving it with your breath.
- An alternate method is to use singing bowls or tuning forks. Play the singing bowl or tuning forks during meditation to cleanse your jade stone.
- Once your stone has been cleansed, state the affirmation and intention you wish to achieve with your stone.
Here are some Jade affirmations you can try:
- I attract luck and abundance everywhere I go.
- I am attuned to the frequency of unconditional love.
- I am at peace within myself.
- I inspire others with the beauty within me.
Cleansing Jade with Soil
- Jade is a stone that belongs to the Earth element, so one of the most effective ways to cleanse it is with soil.
- Wrap your crystal in a natural fiber cloth to protect it.
- Dig a hole in the earth and bury your crystal for at least a week.
- Remove your crystal from the soil, remove it from the cloth, and run it under a stream of water for 30 seconds.
- Natural, undisturbed soil works best for this method.
- If it is a new crystal, bury it in the ground for up to a month to reset it to its original, undisturbed state.
Cleansing Jade with Sage
- Using sage, palo santo, or incense is one of the best ways to cleanse a crystal, as it does not damage or harm your crystal.
- Only use this method if you do not have asthma, or upper respiratory or lung disease.
- Place a bundle of sage, palo santo, or an incense stick in a heatproof or ceramic bowl.
- Light one end of your chosen item, wave the smoke over your crystal with your hand, breathe, or feather.
- Ensure that the smoke completely covers the crystal.
- Make sure the doors and windows are open to allow the smoke and negative energy to leave the room and disappear into nothingness.
- You can burn the smoke for a longer time for a deep cleansing or a few seconds for a quick cleanse.
- When finished, kill the flame of your chosen item by pushing the tip into a bowl of sand or water.
Cleansing Jade with Fire
- You can cleanse Jade with the Fire element by using a bonfire or candlelight.
- Find a white candle and place it in a heatproof candle holder.
- Candles that contain essential oils of sage, palo santo, myrrh, and frankincense work well for this method.
- Place your candle on a secure, flat surface, and set your Jade stone a few inches away.
- Light the candle and ensure the light of the candle covers the Jade.
- Let the candlelight cleanse your Jade stone for at least 30 minutes.
- When done, take your candle outside and blow it out. You can also throw sand over it or use a candle wick bell to extinguish the flame.
- Can Jade be cleansed with water?
Yes, Jade can go in water for a limited time. Avoid submerging Jade in water for long periods, for it can cause the stone to loosen and lose its structural integrity. Only cleanse Jade under a stream of running water for 30 seconds to a minute.
- How do you cleanse and charge Jade stone at the same time?
Most methods that cleanse Jade crystals also charge them. You can cleanse and charge this stone at the same time by placing it in moonlight, or by using sound, soil, fire, water, or sage.
- Can you cleanse Jade in the sun?
Untreated Jade stones do not fade easily in the sun and can withstand being in sunlight for up to 24 hours. Dyed Jade stones will fade in sunlight. If you are still determining whether your Jade is dyed, avoid cleansing and charging it with sunlight.
- What do you say when cleansing Jade?
When cleansing Jade, you can say the following affirmation, “Mother Earth, wash away the impurities that remain in this stone and purify it and my heart with unconditional love and beauty. So mote it be.”
- How to cleanse a Jade bracelet, ring, pendant, or jewelry?
The best way to cleanse a Jade bracelet or jewelry is by using moonlight, candlelight, or sage.
- How to cleanse Xiuyan Jade?
All the above methods are safe to use to cleanse Xiuyan Jade. Use water, moonlight, sage, candlelight, soil, or sound to cleanse it.