Green Aventurine is “the stone of luck” and invites lucky opportunities into your life that bring you great joy and happiness. Connected to the heart chakra, Green Aventurine invites feelings of love toward others and yourself, allowing you to be open and compassionate in all your interactions.
When Green Aventurine has not been cleansed in a while, it can fail at its job of inviting abundance and awe-inspiring moments into your life. You will notice that your Green Aventurine needs to be charged and cleansed when it does not bring you the emotional healing it once did.
If it feels like you are not receiving any lucky opportunities from the universe and cannot prosper at what you do, it’s probably time to cleanse your Green Aventurine.
Generally, your crystals require cleansing and clearing once a month to keep them free of old energy and to allow them to function at their peak. Luckily, there are many ways to cleanse Green Aventurine, and knowing the best ways to clean and cleanse Green Aventurine will help you keep it always performing at its best!
Cleansing Green Aventurine with Moonlight
Using moonlight is the best way to cleanse your Green Aventurine overnight. The best time to charge and cleanse a crystal in moonlight is during a full moon, when the Moon is at its brightest and most powerful, but you can cleanse it during any moon phase where the moonlight is visible.
How to Cleanse Green Aventurine with Moonlight
- Place your Green Aventurine on a windowsill, on the patio, or anywhere outside during the full moon.
- Green Aventurine is very weather resistant, so there is no need to worry about your crystal being damaged when left outside at night.
- To achieve an extra powerful and deep cleanse, leave your Green Aventurine in a bowl of fresh, or saltwater, outside on the night of the full moon.
Cleansing Green Aventurine with Selenite
If you have a piece of Selenite handy, you can use it to charge and cleanse your Green Aventurine. Selenite can cleanse and charge other crystals, and knowing how to charge Green Aventurine with Selenite will allow you to cleanse it any time of the day!
How to Cleanse Green Aventurine with Selenite
- Leave your Green Aventurine resting on a Selenite slab, or place it in a Selenite bowl for 24 hours.
- To achieve a quicker charge, leave your Green Aventurine touching a Selenite tower, Selenite wand, or resting on a Selenite slab in the Sun for 30 minutes.
- There is no need to cleanse or charge your Selenite before using it to cleanse your Green Aventurine. Selenite is self-cleansing and charging and only needs to be cleansed after it has been used for a long time.
- You can leave your Green Aventurine resting near a piece of Selenite when you are not using it, to allow it to be charged and cleansed every day.
Cleansing Green Aventurine with the Sun
Green Aventurine can handle sun exposure for short amounts of time. Placing your green aventurine in the Sun is an easy way to cleanse and charge it when you are in a hurry.
How to Cleanse Green Aventurine with Sunlight
- Place your Green Aventurine outside in the Sun for no longer than 30 minutes. Leaving it in the Sun for longer can cause its color to fade.
- For an extra powerful cleanse, leave your Green Aventurine resting on a Selenite slab or touching a piece of Selenite while it is charging in the Sun.
- The best time to leave your crystal outside for a charge is during sunset when the Moon is near or completely full, and then it can absorb both the light of the Sun and Moon.
Cleansing Green Aventurine with Salt
Salt has natural cleansing and detoxing effects and can be used to cleanse a wide variety of crystals. When combining crystals, you get different results and reactions. Salt is a crystal itself, and just like using other crystals, like Selenite or Clear Quartz, salt can effectively cleanse a crystal. Using salt to cleanse your Green Aventurine can help restore it to its original, natural vibration.
How to Cleanse Green Aventurine with Salt
- To cleanse your Green Aventurine using salt, bury it in a bowl of salt for 24 hours.
- The salt will absorb the negative energy from the crystal. When you are done cleansing your crystals with salt, throw the salt away, as it will capture and hold on to the negative energy present in your crystals.
- Never ingest salt that you have used to cleanse a crystal.
Cleansing Green Aventurine with Sand
Most crystals come from the Earth, and one of the best ways to charge a crystal is to take it back to its roots. Burying crystals in the ground is a wonderful way to achieve a deep cleanse and is the advised method of cleansing very old crystals, or new crystals you have obtained from someone else.
How to Cleanse Green Aventurine with Sand
- Burying crystals works best when using unaltered, natural soil.
- Find a spot in nature, dig a hole, and bury your crystal in the soil.
- You can leave your crystals in the ground for as long as possible. It is advised to bury your crystal for at least a week if it is a new crystal.
- Once you remove your crystal from the soil, run it under water for 1 minute to remove residual dirt.
Cleansing Green Aventurine with Water
Water cleanses everything! Learning how you cleanse and charge Green Aventurine with water is easy, and using water cleans your crystal of dust and debris simultaneously.
How to Cleanse Green Aventurine with Water
- Place your Green Aventurine under running water for a few minutes for a quick cleanse. Doing this will not achieve a deep cleanse, but can rid your Green Aventurine of some negative energy.
- For the best results, place your Green Aventurine outside when it rains.
- Green Aventurine can go in water, but avoid soaking it for long periods, as it can cause your crystal to discolor or let water in, if cracks are present in the stone.
Cleansing Green Aventurine with Sage
Sage can be used to cleanse people, objects, environments, and crystals of negative energy. While using sage to cleanse your crystals, it also cleanses you and your environment, so cleansing Green Aventurine with sage allows you to get the best of both worlds!
How to Cleanse Green Aventurine with Sage
- Light a sage bundle, sage incense, or palo santo stick, and then place it in a heatproof or ceramic bowl.
- Wave the smoke around the Green Aventurine with your hand or a feather. Ensure that the smoke is touching the entire crystal.
- Make your intention for the smoke to cleanse your crystal. You can visualize the flames and smoke burning away the negative energy present within the crystal, to help with setting your intention.
- As the smoke fades away and leaves the room, visualize the negative energy fading into thin air.
- If possible, smudge your crystals outdoors to prevent fire hazards or excessive smoke inhalation. If you prefer to perform the ritual indoors, ensure you open the windows for adequate ventilation.